March 25th, 2009

LA

More AV woes

After wasting ages yesterday on joining and converting video files, life has presented a new challenge ;-)
Somehow, while I was updating my ipod using sharepod, the database file became corrupted and now it doesn't show any titles or playlists anymore, even though I confirmed that they are still there on the ipod. I did some googling and most of what I found wasn't very encouraging. The general recommendation seemed to be to reset it, loosing all content in the process. This isn't really an option I want to take, because I have tons of content on my ipod that I haven't backed up onto hd yet. I was going to do that when the new hd arrived (which it has today), but unfortunatly, this happened first. I did find one blog post describing a similar problem, along with a somewhat roundabout solution, but I'm more than willing to give it a try.
The question now is only - do I do some work first, or tackle the problem at hand? Since I usually listen to music or audiobook while I work, it would make sense to try and fix the problem first, but that could easily take until lunchtime and then I will have wasted another morning :-/

BTW, I still haven't gotten that letter and I have decided that if I don't receive it by the end of the month, I'm going to give them a call.
LA

Ipod and Happiness restored (almost)

Well, my songs and vids are back, but the playlists are gone *sniff*

Still, I am very pleased :-) I could have done worse with my morning. Plus, I also got some work done while I was at it. My S330 TMA is coming along fairly well, but I have left out all the bits that require drawing. Need to clean the desk before I tackle that. Not enough space as it is.