1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Drop out of college and went back.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't bother making any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My neighbour did, but don't even know her last name.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandfather's sister died. In a way she was my role model in terms of 'nobody has to marry anymore, no matter what my mother says.' My grandfather's sister lived to age 94 and never got married.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A leash for my errant mind.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 3rd - the day I decided to drop out of college.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making it through the year, through every damn day.
9. What was your biggest failure?
It was bad enough without holding anything against myself. Seriously, I'm generally pretty happy with how I did, I did what I could with what life threw at me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
It was my first year being mentally ill and dealing with an armload of meds and the side-effects (not the mention the endless testing which meds are the right ones)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
a nice blanket that I bought while the heating in Oxford was down
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
everyone who encourage me, offered hugs - digital or real, helped, dragged me to dinner, didn't laugh and was kind when I was down, was shaking, freaked, panicked, cried randomly or was too scared to go to dinner alone
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
everyone who called me crazy, assumed that being mentally ill means that I'm stupid, assumed that I'm stupid just because I appear emotionally immature
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
TV, the end of 8 weeks, summer
The Thousandth Man- Rudyard Kipling
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder?
I have cried more, but also laughed more
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Did spend it with family and relatives
21. How will you be spending New Years?
hopefully in front of the laptop
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?. Sadly, there is no all around fav TV show for this year.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Divine Comedy - not easy, but very good
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and got?
Meet more people my age.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't really see any see anything in the theater - only a couple of TV films
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Nothing special - I don't celebrate my birthday. I was old enough for a 2 in front.
32. What is one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Jeans, tee-shirts and sweaters.
34. What kept you sane?
Perazin and valium.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
none in particular
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
the big bad world in general is enough to keep me away from any news and politics
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Em, Hyunchul, Yueyang
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Every bad day eventually ends.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine"