stolen from ninnui
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate OR Apple Cider?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
I'm happy if Santa manages to order them from the internet.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
No electric lights. We have real candles that usually get recycled from year to year. I'm waiting for someone to set the tree on fire.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
The weekend before Christmas, if I can find the decorations. They get fewer and fewer every year.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
My grandfather coming over on Christmas Eve and going with a walk for us while waiting for it to get dark.
8. When did you find out the truth about Santa?
We never had a Santa. I don't really recall what my parents told me about Christmas when I was little.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
10. How do you decorate your christmas tree?
Last minute on Christmas Eve. Someone runs into the basement and finds the tiny stumps of candles that are left over from previous years. There is cursing and discussing if the gold star doesn't fit on top of the tree because the ceiling gets in the way. My mon usually digs out the inherited decorations after deciding that the tree looks too bare.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
12. Can you ice skate?
I used to. Not very good and I never quite figured out how to come to a halt, but I can manage.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My older laptop, maybe.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
I'm not a big fan of the holidays at all, but seeing all of the family again is good.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Chocolate in general.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
17. Christmas tree. Real or fake?
Real although second hand in recent years. My ever inventive father figured out how to get a tree and not pay for it. He usually asks the janitor for a smaller Christmas tree that had already served as decoration at work for a few weeks and wasn't needed anymore since they are closed for the winterholiday anyways. The janitor is glad to get rid of the trees.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
I'd go with giving. I have to buy my gifts myself and that is not as much fun as buying gifts for others.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Ouch, no idea. None of the songs my siblings play ever year during the holiday season. Hearing four weeks of practise can spoil the fun...
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
I actually don't know. I think I had a Candy Cane once or so when I was little, but I don't recall anything about the taste.