1. Hot chocolate or apple cider?
Never had apple cider, so hot chocolate it is.
2. Turkey or Ham?
Neither. Seitan or tofu, I guess.
3. Do you get a Fake or Real Christmas tree?
Real, although usually pre-owned. With work being closed over the holidays, there is usually a free tree to be had.
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
Nope. I wish, but my family would kill me.
5. Snowball fights or sledding?
Sledding. Although we don't get a lot of snow down here, but since the Swiss alps aren't too far away, I still get some fun in the snow.
6. Do you like hanging around the fireplace because it’s warm?
If we had a fireplace, I'm sure I would.
7. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
No, I prefer the internet.
8. Favorite Christmas song?
The Twelve Days of Christmas
10. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
No opinion really. But I do love the Christmas specials some TV shows do.
11. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
12. Stockings before or after presents?
My English is failing me here. I have no idea what this question means.
13. Carolers, do you or do you not listen to them?
I'm not sure what's meant here either. We did cover Christmas in English class last Monday, and while I usually don't learn many, if any, new words in that class, I did learn quite a few holiday related ones. It shows that I never celebrated Christmas in England. I was always home for the holidays.
14. Go to someone else’s house or they come to you?
Go to my uncles' house. (No that isn't a grammar slip-up, they live together)
15. Do you read the Christmas Story the night before Christmas?
I usually don't.
16. What do you do after presents?
Start cooking ;-)
17. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Burning candles. Cinnamon. Fresh Christmas trees.
18. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Neither, the skating rink closed down a few years ago and we don't have a mall in town either.
19. Favorite Christmas memory:
One year, when I was very little, we all took a walk on Christmas Eve (with the whole family, including my father's siblings who live in the US).
20. Favorite Part about winter?
21. Food you eat this time of year that you may not during the others seasons.
22. Do you have winter sheets for your bed?
23. Do you eat ice cream in the winter?
24. Mittens or gloves?
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper is easier to come by, since I've never seen gift bags at the local stores.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Real, see above.
3. When do you put up the tree?
4. When do you take the tree down?
When it starts losing its needles.
5. Do you like Eggnog?
Never had any. I never drink alcohol, ever.
6. Favourite gift received as a child?
A toy stove, many years ago. I always loved to cook.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, we inherited one, but some characters are missing.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
9. Easiest person to buy for?
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A mickey-mouse sweater.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
12. Favourite Christmas Movie?
I don't really have one.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Beginning of December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Clear lights or coloured on the tree?
We have real candles on the tree.
17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
None of them. I didn't even know they had names.
18. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Neither. The star came apart a few years ago and no one has bought an alternative yet (and probably won't.)
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
20. What I love most about Christmas?
21. What I love least about Christmas?